The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Contrast dye
Last Post 07 Nov 2021 05:45 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bonnieUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
06 Nov 2021 09:26 PM
    Hi Elaine
    Here’s my my labs since last post. I don’t feel weak but numbers look low? Any thoughts?
    11/2020
    T4. 1.4
    Tsh 0.84

1/2021
    T4 1.2
    Tsh 0.83

8/2021
    T3. 75
    T4 1.4
    Tsh 0.67

I have been feeling pretty good with my graves and still not hyper or on meds for many years now.
    I recently diagnosed with DCIS insitu 0.6 cm non invasive ER+ after biopsy on 9/2021.
    Scheduled for MRI with contrast dye. I’m concerned the dye gadolinium will spark
    my Graves’ disease and cause me to lose remission. I have multiple small thyroid nodules last checked on
    ultrasound. Do you know if this will be safe or what I can do to clear it out if my system quickly? Someone
    suggested Chlorella. But the there’s iodine in it that? Reading up on breast health mushrooms and flaxseed meal
    are very helpful ? I read you have been also diagnosed with a breast concern and I’m really hoping all is well with you.
    Do you have some information you have learned about with your own research ?
    Your so loving and kind. I hope all the best for you and all the men and women who come to this site
    for your generous support.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3836
    --
    07 Nov 2021 05:45 PM
    Hi Bonnie,
    Gadolinium doesn't contain iodine so it shouldn't affect your levels and will give your docs a better idea of your treatment plan.
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. a friend of mine had the same diagnosis and was treated with chemo and radiation 18 years ago and is doing great. I actually have serous endometrial carcinoma with peritoneal carcinomatosis. I'm responding well to chemo and an immunotherapy drug.
    Your T3 is too low and will cause fatigue. The usual range is 80-180 and levels are typically falsely elevated in women due to estrogens. I'd check with your doctor about using Armour or a similar glandular since they contain T4, T3, T2 and T1. It would be good to have optimal levels before starting treatment.
    I wish you the very best. Take care, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com