The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

High thyroid related ER visit emergency suddenly hand was shaking
Last Post 14 Aug 2019 04:54 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
boraboraUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
08 Aug 2019 06:07 AM
    Thanks for helping me Elaine ,reason I showed you my thyroid blood tests results between June 2015 thyroid blood tests because :TSH :0.01 (0.35-4.94)
    Freet3 was 7.66pmol/L
    Freet4 was :14.4(9-19) I was on holiday I wasn't stressed (. Still continue taken 300 mg a day PTU endocrinologist ignored me my thyroid levels was going up and they didn't show me this blood tests I have no idea how my thyroid levels was high !!!!! 1.09.2015 : TSH 0.01 (0.35-4.94)
    Freet3 was :8.63pmol/L (3.1-6.8)
    Freet4 was :16.2pmol/L(12-22) after endocrinologist saw this blood tests he said : Mr B if anything happened to you we are not responsible for it he said you need surgery or RAI treatment I said to him why you saying this : he said you need permanent treatment you are almost 8 years thyrotoxicosis and medication doesn't work I didn't even know my thyroid blood tests results because NHS United Kingdom they don't show you blood tests results I said to him I think about permanent treatment (it was lack of communication with endocrinologist I didn't even know graves disease symptoms or i have no idea Graves' disease was dangerous ilness !! I was so scared i thought i will be ok with medication but I wasn't ok then after seen him 14 December 2015 seriously ill I called my GP he said go to ER department went to ER wait there 4 hours doctor said anxiety anxiety nothing serious he said go home !!! I said to him are you sure Sir ? I don't feel very well I got overactive thyroid problem he said go home next blood test showed my thyroid levels was going up 13.01.2016: TSH 0.01 (0.35-4.94)freet3 was :9.30pmol/L(3.1-6.8)
    Freet4.was 14.2(12-22) this is crazy if I knew I was seriously thyrotoxicosis almost 8 years I wouldn't wait for permanent treatment poorly treated after this blood test : I think it was 4 February I was home with my wife watching tv suddenly my both hands was numb I was panicked my face was red my throat was vibrating and my tongue was shaking and my hand was shaking feel like a mini stroke my endocrinologist said it was coincidence nothing to do high thyroid levels he said !!! I don't believe him it wasn't coincidence because after I was sick my thyroid levels was still going up 15 .march 2016 :TSH 0.01 (0.35-4.94)
    Freet3 was 11.86pmol/L (3.1-6.8) and my freet4 was 19.3(12-22) I can't believe it if I knew I was seriously 8 years thyrotoxicosis I wouldn't wait for permanent treatment longtime!!! This is crazy What kind of doctors or endocrinologist do that ??? Heartless endocrinologist!!! I'm not a Doctor I don't know what's good for me or not this is Doctor responsibility.....this is ridiculous my body my organ my brain was all working hard fighting this inflammation and doctors just watched me ........my hand was shaking he send me home saying nothing serious only anxiety other doctors said coincidence....rubbish....
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3123
    --
    14 Aug 2019 04:54 PM
    Hi,
    The symptoms you describe sound like they're from the elevated FT3 level. Your levels aren't bad otherwise, and you haven't had thyrotoxicosis all this time. TSH is a pituitary hormone that helps regulate the thyroid gland. A low level is seen in hyperthyroidism but it causes no effects. Rather, it protects in that it prevents the production of even more hormone. Normally, TSH tells thyroid cells to grow and produce thyroid hormone. However, in Graves' disease the TSH level is falsely decreased for several reasons, primarily because of the TSH receptor antibodies we have (they cause Graves' disease).
    Right now, it would be best if you were given a beta blocker to reduce symptoms and help lower FT3 or if you were put on block and replace. I'm not sure why you are on PTU when carbimazole or methimazole are safer drugs. A block and replace regimen would work well. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2019 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer