The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

CBD
Last Post 20 May 2024 10:53 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
woofwoofUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
19 May 2024 03:56 AM
    Hello & thanks for all you do. Can you advise on this guidance which was released a few months ago by the FSA? Basically saying safety doses for CBD products should not exceed 10mg? It was previously 70mg. Apparently new studies show thyroid & liver problems in the long term.Here is a link to the FSA website.
    https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/news/food-standards-agency-and-food-standards-scotland-update-consumer-advice-for-cbd
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:4084
    --
    20 May 2024 10:53 PM
    Hi,
    It looks as though higher dose CBD products contain higher amounts in the United States. I bought my son some at Christmas that contained 100 mg and he hasn't had thyroid or liver problems. He's been using CBD for a few years. I have a hemp extract that has 150 mg but doesn't list the individual cannabis extracts. Personally, I use THC gummies at night that have CBG but can only use 5 mg or I get wobbly.

Drug metabolism is under the influence of several different genes and for this reason we all respond differently to meds. There are most likely individuals who have experienced a rise in liver enzymes on a 70 mg dose. If you've been using 70 mg and haven't noticed any problems you probably metabolize CBD more efficiently.

I've written a book on cannabis extracts in medicine and there are more than 100 different components in the cannabis plant. They all do different things but many help with cancer and various autoimmune diseases. I hope this helps, Best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2025   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimers  Designed & Developed by VESWEB Using DNN 2008