The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A, where members can ask Elaine Moore health-related questions. Elaine Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Because this is a question-and-answer forum, each post will receive one reply. For additional inquiries, a new thread will need to be started.

update
Last Post 12 Oct 2017 01:04 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PamelaJeanUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
12 Oct 2017 10:20 AM
    I posted this last week but I am wondering if it got lost in cyberspace. If you do have it and just haven't had time to respond you have my sincere apology!

I posted here under "hyperthyroid again" and "newest labs" if you need my history.

Last Thursday October 5 about 1:30 a.m. I awoke in afib again. That makes the fifth episode in four months. I went and had labs again and just received the results:

TSH <0.015 L (0.470-4.680)
    FT4 1.92 (0.78-2.44)

Labs on September 7 same reference range were:
    TSH 0.015 L
    FT4 1.76

After the September labs he lowered my methimazole from 20 to 10 mg. daily. You had said after I posted my September labs here he should lower my dose to either 10 or 15. I am thinking now 15 might have been better.

He told me to increase my methimazole to 20 for three days then 15 per day. He said the raise in FT4 could have sent me into afib .Would you agree? Both September's and October's FT4 are in the normal range. Or is it the low TSH that causes afib?

Did my TSH go down from September to October? The lab says TSH minimum detection is 0.015. Yesterday it says "less than" but September's doesn't have the "less than" symbol. Significant or no? Same lab.

Thanks, Pam
    Elaine MooreUser is Online Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:2287
    --
    12 Oct 2017 01:04 PM
    Hi Pam,
    I answered your last post earlier today. Your post will not show up until I read it and approve it. This can take up to a week as I'm often behind. Hope you're feeling better, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2017 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. Last updated: April 28, 2017
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer